This workshop will focus on a language learning approach that simultaneously fosters the development of social and interpersonal skills. Cooperative language learning (CLL) has been shown to benefit learning and learners on a number of levels: It can improve motivation for learning among students, foster collaborative learning, improves self-confidence and practices interpersonal skills (Oxford, 1997). This workshop will give insight into how CLL overlaps with the new LiLe curriculum and provide a roadmap for it ’s successful implementation in the English Language classroom. This non-frontal form of teaching is particularly well suited to team teaching with Assistants.
· Understand the principles of Cooperative Language Learning
· Experience a number of Kagan structures and reflect on their relevance
· Identify the social skills needed for team work.
· Integrate the principles to successfully implement cooperative learning
· Understand the importance of individual accountability in assessment
Renée von Memerty, MA in Teaching English to Young Learners
|Zielgruppe||Lehrpersonen Sekundarstufe, Sprachassistentinnen|
|Kursort||Seminarraum Pflugstrasse 30, Vaduz|
Montag, 09. September 2019, 18.30 Uhr bis 21.30 Uhr
Montag, 04. November 2019, 18.30 Uhr bis 21.30 Uhr
|Anmeldeschluss||Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2019|
|Kursbeitrag||90 Fr. (nur externe Kursteilnehmer/innen)|